Responsible for carrying out cradle to grave administration for an allocated portfolio of Small Self-Administered Schemes and delivering excellent technical and customer service outcomes to WBR Group clients and intermediaries.
Promoting company culture and behaviours, and actively contributing to WBR Group being a great place to work.
Administration of client portfolio:
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of individual clients and their advisers, and actively engage with all parties to achieve the best possible customer outcomes.
• Calculate and pay retirement benefits.
• Process contributions and transfers into the scheme.
• Arrange buying/surrender of investment portfolios.
• Prepare scheme asset valuations and member fund share calculations.
• Undertake property and land purchases and sales in accordance with internal procedures and guidelines.
• Ensure that rent reviews, lease expiries, EPC certificates, and insurance renewals are in place and/or obtained as required.
• Monitor rent and loan repayments and follow internal process should arrears arise.
• Arrange loans to associated and unconnected parties, ensuring that internal procedures are followed including the credit control of those loans.
• Monitor scheme bank accounts and ensure that sufficient cash is retained to make income payments and pay fees.
• Carry out the required activity to establish a new scheme or take over the scheme from another operator.
• Prepare trust deeds to reflect changes in Trustees, Principal/Participating Employers, and scheme rule amendments.
• Register schemes with HMR&C, The Information Commissioner and The Pensions Regulator, as required.
• Complete and submit Pension Scheme Returns, Event Reports and Accounting for Tax Returns.
• Calculate and pay death benefits.
• Process full and partial transfers out and takeovers.
• Prepare review packs for client meetings.
• Attend Trustee meetings as required.
• Deal with any other administration or queries, as they arise.
Adherence to internal procedures and compliance:
• Ensure that all administration tasks are carried out in accordance with agreed timescales and quality standards.
• Schedule daily workflow and diarise scheme administration in accordance with internal processes.
• Ensure that scheme data is full and accurate across all system platforms and fill gaps as identified, so that use of functionality is maximised.
• Accurately recorded all time costs and disbursements and collect fees as required.
• Adhere to all regulatory and process requirements.
• Proactively fill own knowledge gaps and assist in the development of colleagues.
• Ensure individual activities that feed into departmental, or business projects, initiatives and objectives are completed to quality and timeframe expectations.
The job holder should have experience of SSAS administration/managing a portfolio of clients and be able to demonstrate the following core competencies:
• Good personal organisational skills with the ability to prioritise their own workload.
• Works well under pressure maintaining attention to detail.
• Ability to work to prescribed deadlines.
• Clear concise communication skills at all levels.
• A positive attitude to client care.
• Proactive, enthusiastic, and driven approach.
• Ability to develop and maintain excellent internal and external relationships.
This job description is a guide to the main areas and duties for which the job holder is accountable.